Friday, October 23, 2009

Cuz I'm a woman


Lately I have had a song in my head and it is making me angry. It is the song, "I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in the pan, And make never forget you're a man, Cuz I'm a woman..." I think that is a load of crap.

I don't want to bring home bacon and fry it because I'm too busy. I'm busy making breakfast while making lunch while finding one shoe while packing a backpack. I'm trying to figure out what a two year old is saying over and over and then screaming. I'm trying to figure out when my husband comes home and says, "hey baby..." if what turns him on is the urine, feces or disinfectant smells I have accumulated during the day because it is not the orange lotion I put on this morning because citrus smells are supposed to help make you happy and light hearted. The scent left the minute I came out of the bathroom and found my children outside with three empty egg cartons, having taken 15 eggs and 6 hardboiled eggs, with some hair gel, and made soup in the plastic slide that is lying on the side. And then my two year old decides he wants eggs for dinner and starts screaming because he cannot understand that he has destroyed all of the eggs and I'm not cooking what he made in the slide. And I'm busy making dinner while emptying the dishwasher so I can refill it after dinner as I quiz my oldest on this week's spelling while having to go the bathroom the whole time. Cuz I'm a woman...
(And I choose to be a stay at home mom)

No comments: