Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wanna go to Kansas?

 The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
I'm not sure if you could tell from my Mother's Day expose, that we are not in Kansas anymore.  Last week I had all these great plans.  I was going to clean out the garage; I was going to buy land; I was going to do laundry; I was going to feed my children.  Instead, I got Seth's cold.  I bought season 2 of Law and Order, filled the fridge with Lunchables, and tried to get the dirty clothes pile to the ceiling.

I woke up Sunday really wanting to stay home from church but I was singing with 5 other people and Kevin was giving a talk.  We got up and got the kids ready and Kevin was going to take the kids to church when I told him he could wait 10 minutes for me.  He had something at the office he needed, but he waited.  Good thing because the van didn't start.  Nothing.  Not even a growl.  No noise was made at all when the key turned.  So we piled into the Subaru, which has aged 10 years in the 3 Kevin has driven it, and drove to church.  Kevin dropped us off and went to the office.  He showed up in time for his talk, though.

I really wanted to go home and be sick, but Kevin planned a cute Mother's Day activity that the kids loved.  And then I had to pick up plans for the house I am building somewhere.   Every time I decide where, something happens.  I'm calling the builder today and whichever lot is the cheapest to build on, we will build on.  I bet they will be about the same.  That is how my luck is going. 

In addition, I think Kevin is going to bolt the side mirror onto the Subaru.  A few weeks ago, someone sideswiped the car and the passenger mirror is attached by the wires, but just hanging there.  While I was driving it due to the fact that the van had to be jump started every time you wanted to drive it, I called the dealership to get the mirror fixed.  This put Kevin into action.  He called a friend to help with the mirror.  I am all for driving not so flashy cars, but I would like them to at least not have bolts sticking out of them.  I think keeping cars looking decent is a good investment.  Plus, this is the first decent car we have owned and I would like it to stay that way.  I am sad to think it may become our second Kia.

The van starts now so Kevin never bought a battery for it.  I am waiting for it to fall apart on me again.  I am driving around with a battery in it to jump start it if needed.  I should not have to do this.  I think I may rebel and just buy a new battery even though things are working right now.  I think I may rebel so much that I will have someone actually put it in for me.  Last time Kevin put it in, he dropped a piece and never found it again.  May be why we are having problems again.

So that is why I wanted a nap on Mother's Day.  I still want a nap.  I will be going grocery shopping instead.  I have a feeling I will buying an unhealthy amount of chocolate.

No comments: