Friday, March 13, 2009

Ill





I am sick. I am not common cold sick; I am "I think I"m dying and I understand how people died of the flu in the Victorian era" sick. My nose is running so fast that to sleep, I shove a tissue up my nose. I have a dragon shaped humidifier in my room. I have used tissues all over the bed and floor. I am in sweats and my bathrobe. I am eating popsicles because they feel good. Every time I sit up, I start coughing until I hack something up. I am very attractive. I am high on sudafed which no longer has Pseudifedrine or whatever because of kids using it to make Meth. so what's its active ingredient?

The kids don't have school today so they have a babysitter. I have been telling them they can do whatever they want for the last 2 days because I feel so sick. I was supposed to go to the dinosaur museum today but I'm not. My friend who was going with me may have an inner ear infection. There is no way to know but they think she does because she is dizzy and throwing up. so she has to take Valium every four hours until the symptoms go away. Of course she can't drive and it can take up to 4 months to go away, but she does get Valium. I get Sudafed that no longer has it's main ingredient. I"m not sure what it is doing for me. I know what Valium does for me...

I actually hallucinate and believe everyone is out to get me, so I probably should stick with useless Sudafed. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't react to those hallucinations.

I have found amazing tissues, though. I was trying to save money and stick with the tissues I have because I bought them at Costco and have 6 boxes. Plain tissues are fine for every day use, but after one day of using them, I was in so much pain I wanted to die. I drove to Target and found Puff's plus with vicks. You blow your nose and inhale vapor. If you stick the tissue up your nose to stop running, it kind of tingles. They are the all time greatest tissues. I bought 2 boxes and one box of Kleenex with lotion to do a test. Seth stole one of the Vicks boxes and I don't know where it went. I am very upset. He is too fast for me and he refuses to tell me what he did with them. It would help if he could actually speak, though.

So I thought I would share with you my illness. I lie here and wonder how people made it before reruns. I think the people in the Victorian era didn't die from the flu but from boredom. I am too sick to go anywhere and reading gives me a headache sometimes so in between sleeping, I am watching Law and Order. I love that show. Of course I fall asleep before finding out who the murderer is and wake up to find out the next episodes murderer. It makes things really confusing. It makes me feel as though I'm on Valium.

2 comments:

Meg said...

I didn't know that you have a blog. I will have to add it to my list of blogs. As for the counter...I just found one on the website and did the cut and paste thing. But I do remember it took a few attempts before something came about. I will see what I can figure out. Hope you get feeling better!

Jen said...

Sorry you are so sick.
Feel better soon.
Take Advil cold and Sinus. Best cold medicine I have found for during the day. Nyquil is still the best at night--I sleep like a baby--it still has it's main ingredient (alcohol). I loved it so much I almost blogged about it but I blogged about the electric blanket instead.
Jen